Billings dating com
A large centrally located chimney suggests that there was a lobby entrance.
The first Curles patent was recorded in November of 1635 when a tract of 750 acres land commonly known as Longfield was granted to Captain Thomas Harris, 100 acres of which was due him as an Ancient planter & adventurer in the time of Sir Thomas Dale.
Either Richard Randolph III or Henry Heth, who had purchased Curles by 1799, added an enlarged Greek Revival porch on the front of the house.
The house appeared to have been dismantled by Union Soldiers during the civil War.
"The name Curles is derived from the "Curles or meanders in the James River", which defines the broad flat peninsula known as Curles Neck.
The property has passed through a number of hands, but the Randolf family, who acquired the land in 1698, had by far the longest tenure.
Mouer was also excited about a site that predated the 1622 massacre of colonists by Indians.